Sunday, May 26, 2013

This Last Year

God gave me the greatest opportunity this last year, to teach at a local Christian school.  It has been a good experience for me.  As I walk away from it soon, I am most impressed by the students that I have met.  Some of them come from difficult walks of life.  When I hear some of their stories, my heart aches.  Some of them have met the Lord, and He is making a difference in their lives. Some of them don't really know much about who He is or what He has for them...but they are hearing about Him. I hope some day they will experience His love for themselves.  Some of them have struggled with seeing authenticity of faith at school, and I think that was the case for some of the kids we worked with overseas too.  The chapel speaker this last week really made me pause to think about that more.  He talked about the parable of the talents and the three servants.  What stuck out to me this time was that the third servant (who buried the talent instead of investing), was also a "servant of the master".  He was also a follower of God, yet the master condemned him to hell because he did not live in obedience to God.  The speaker challenged us to think about if we are really living for God, or are we just paying faith lip service.  I do want to be a person who lives for the Lord in all ways, and in doing so I want others to see Him.

I will miss the students at this school and I will be praying for them as they learn and grow. 

The student body worshipping together 

The worship team

Hands for Jesus--an incredible sign language worship experience


My dear friend who leads this ministry

Some of my craziest 7th grade girls

And, one of my craziest 7th grade boys

No comments:

Post a Comment