Thursday, September 23, 2010

Driving....me nuts

I wonder, if one day, I actually will not get upset by the traffic here. I doubt that day will ever come. Today I watched a car almost plough into a security guard at school who was trying to help a student cross the street and help me turn out. Last week I had a day when I was at a green light and no one going the other direction was stopping. The very same day I was at a red light and everyone in front of me started going. It just made me shake my head with disbelief. Plus, a motorcyclist drove into our friend's car a few weeks ago and smashed it up pretty good. We're still dealing with that wreck and the money that has to be paid for this, that and the other. Although the bike hit them, they've had to cover medical and the cost of repair for the motorcycle and the very irresponsible drivers get to deal with some pain---but no money lost on their side of the deal. What a mess. It's still not over and has been pretty stressful.

Although I'm used to driving here now for the most part, I stop and consider on these days that I am so thankful for God's protection. I'm thankful for the driving skills that Casey and I have and that God has blessed us with those. I know that He is with us and I don't want to ever take that for granted. I still shake my head---and sometimes driving just drives me nuts.

Speaking of being DRIVEN NUTS....it's raining. Again. It's been raining, and raining and raining. For the record, it's still supposed to be dry season. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment