Monday, May 7, 2012

Same Verse

When you come across the same verse a few times over a relatively short period of time, maybe you should pay attention.  One verse that has come to my attention a few times is:  Matthew 8:20, "Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”  I came across that verse in a R12 study group and then my pastor just preached on it this week.  I think that God knows that I am really ready to have a "home".  Although I am a MK/TCK and have never really had that sense of "home" that others have, I feel weary of traveling and moving.  We've almost been here in the States for an entire year.  As I sit here, there are trunks stacked right next to me which can't be unpacked.  I'm tired of that.   I remember vividly some days when being "at home" in Salatiga struck me.  I remember that I was driving on certain city streets.  It wasn't a house I was thinking about, but I was realizing that the town of Salatiga was "home".  Although I was a foreigner, I felt comfortable there.  Although I had some belongings with me and others in the States, I was still as "at home" as I would ever be.  
But, that feeling is gone.  This town, where I live right now, doesn't really feel like home.  Don't get me wrong, there are people I love here.  There are some church communities which I love dearly.  They are helping me grow and learn new things each day.   I have made some brand new friends who are completely incredible and are sold out to God.  They humble me and encourage me.  However, this still feels transitory.   I am not sinking in and being "at home" or settling.  I don't know what that means.  Maybe it means that we will move again, sooner than I realize?  I do feel like a "foreigner and stranger on the earth".   I guess He is trying to say that following Him doesn't mean that we settle, sink in, and get comfortable.  We're ready every moment for what is next.  My heart cries out, "I'm ready Lord".   And, I think I'm ready for heaven...where we will be settled together with Him forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment