Friday, April 27, 2012

Da Boys

I spend a lot of time with my three boys.  This week I feel like I spend TOO much time with my boys.   :)  I thought it would be a good time to write about what they are into and what they are up to. 

  • What we are reading together:  The Twin Towers by Tolkien
  • What they are reading on their own:  Tintin books, creepy stories (Niko) and things about reptiles, Star Wars, dinosaurs.
  • What they are watching:  At the moment, a Japanese Godzilla movie
  • What they play:  Play Station, DS and Niko has a "friend" next door named Abigail who is here for a few months.  They play outside.  Together they learned to roller blade and they have taken to climbing trees.  The only bad day was when he got stuck in a pine tree and couldn't figure out how to get down.  It's gonna be rough when she leaves.  Chase loves Abigail too.  If Niko goes out, he wants to go too.  It's always, "Is Abigail home?"  When he goes out, he often rides his tricycle.  Yeah, he's gonna miss Abigail too.    Chase is our "motor" boy.  He likes trains, cars and motorcyles a lot more than his brothers did, which pleases his father's heart.  
  • What their parents make them do:  karate.  All three boys are doing karate now.
  • What they are interested in:   They like animals.  Ryan has two tadpoles he is caring for and Niko has a snail.  Ryan has also planted a whole line of sunflowers at the apartments where we live, and has been watering them.  They are into seeds and planting and seeing things grow.
  • How they are changing:  Ryan is growing very tall.  Niko is gaining inches too, but it is hard to see when you compare it to how quickly Ryan is growing.  Ryan and Niko basically don't like girls, although at least Niko will play with them.  And, Abigail is not very "girlie", says Niko.   When Chase says something like, "I love girls" or "Who loves you, baby?" the older two erupt in a chorus of "EEEEWWWS."   They tell me that even though I am a girl, I'm alright.  It's like I don't count.   In the past week, Chase has hit his full-on-talk button.  He has already been talking plenty, but this week it has been way more mature.  He sounds just like a bigger kid!   When Casey took him to the store for an hour this week, he said Chase talked for the entire hour.   Guess he was getting his 2cents in while his brothers were gone.   :)    He is still my "Linus".  He loves to hold his blankie on his head or face when he is tired, and his little mouth starts sucking.  He has done that since he was tiny.   He loves to pretend he is a puppy.  He wags his tail and barks and you are supposed to feed him, give him water, and give him a mandi.  :) 
  • What they are learning:  We are trying to finish up our first year of home-schooling.  Only 28 more days to go!!   It's proving tough to finish out well.  We are thinking about an online school option for the fall.  It should be a pretty flexible thing, no matter where we end up.   It's been an interesting year with positives and negatives. 
I love my boys.  This week they may be driving me crazy, but I am so thankful that I am their Mom.  What a priviledge and an honor!  May I cherish my moments with them always! 

No comments:

Post a Comment