Thursday, April 26, 2012

Practicing Thankfulness

I have read through part of the book "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp and have been encouraged by others to embrace gratitude and thankfulness. I already know, through experience, that when you have a spirit of gratitude then negativity and the spirit of grumbling is pushed out.  My sister-in-law and I started sharing one thing we are thankful for each day with one another.  I think that this is a good practice for me, but  I feel like I am wanting more.  I feel the need to live in gratitude.  It seems like Voskamp is getting at that when she talks about every day moments and about that gratitude seeping out through every pore---at every moment.  I want to be in a place where I wear those glasses.  That as I look at my life, I see things---constantly, to praise Him about.   I don't think I am there.  Most days in my life right now it is a struggle to name things I am thankful about.  I have some key ones (my family, my friends, an income,  a place to live)...and I can always fall back on those...but, I want to be a person that lives in gratitude so that every moment offers something to give thanks about.  I want to see the beauty or the treasures in my daily chores and in my daily struggles.   That's where I want to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment