Friday, October 25, 2013

Search for Wisdom


Some days it is kind of scary to be a parent, and to try to determine the best course of action for your kids.  We made a decision this week that seems to age me in a millisecond!  For the coming week, Ryan is going to try attending some 7th grade classes at the school we work at.  He is still enrolled in four online classes at the 6th grade level, but will be attending some elective classes at the 7th grade level.
There are quite a few reasons for this decision.  The sixth grade has been a challenging environment for him and we've reached a point where we have been receiving a lot resistance when it is time to go to class.  Also, in January, he would go do his "extra classes" with 7th anyway because 6th won't have any of those classes.  They spend whole 2nd semester preparing for the Indonesian national exam, which our boys won't need to take.
Ryan visited one of my 7th grade classes at the end of this week.  I have to say, it made me feel old.  It also made me feel a little sad, as he takes yet another step away from his younger brothers.  I'm hoping it will be a better environment for him.  I hope he'll make some friends.  I'm hopeful while I'm sad at the same time.  I realized how big this will be for Niko too.  Although they were not in class together and they did not have the same schedule, they were in the same building.  His brother is really moving on to something new and I think Niko is going to feel that loss as he has already felt the loss of his brother growing away from him.
So, for the week, we'll be testing the waters, feeling it out.  And, we hope and pray it is a positive move.  Please pray along with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment